i long for simplicity in the way I live. in every facet. I don't live as simply as I make myself out to be, but I am on a journey... residue remains... i want to be clean of it. This includes the way I live out what I am for. I am not a politician. I can't speak to many people in many togunes, but I can live simply what I am for. Important stuff on this issue from Tilden Edwards:
Simplicity in prophecy is important. If we take it with heavy seriousness, then our egos easily become attached: "I" am going to "show" the world what is right. "We" are going to "save" the world. Then we tend to become very self-important, cold, rigid and lacking in that light openness to grace which reminds us of the ever surprising mystery of life in God's hands.
Simplicity in prophecy means almost casually doing whatever we decide to do about our lifestyle and social actions. Make no big deal out of it. Expect no one to "follow." Judge no one for not following. Just do what you feel called to do after testing your sense of calling in prayer and with those you trust. The result may be that no one "hears" your prophecy except you yourself at the moment. Accept that as sufficient. If others join you (or you them), fine. Let it be a pilgrimage, not a grand battle plan with the conclusion already witten in your mind. Move one step at a time. Be patiently attentive for the next step to reveal itself. Look agead with hope, and with whatever planning that's called for, but mainly keep yourself open and present, here now. Then social pilgrimage simply continues personal pilgrimage, and vice versa. There is no complicating split.
2.26.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment