9.26.2004

spent time this week with some wonderful people ...

i work with great folks:
lately work has been challenging. our new manager has a top down, heirarchical, militant leadership that rubs everyone the wrong way. I'm having trouble not joining in on the manager bashing. sbux is her religion. this past week, however, she was on vacation... so we enjoyed the peace of an easy job once again. more importantly we enjoyed eachother. with out her tyrany, i had the space to speak of the kingdom of God with curious pagans. it was fun.

we shared dinner with mike:
he is growing/seeking/hungry. that was good for me. leane and kelli came later with a bottle of wine. conversation lasted late into the evening.

met tom and mary anne at the preschool get together at the park:
i felt so young and out of place among the other parents. i met tom and mary anne and we talked about grandview, our kids, our rentals, and our jarbs.

fixed bikes with geoff, phil, and samuel smith:
phil needed bike work done, geoff needs computer work done, so i hooked them up. one of those moments where one great dude meets another great dude. all sorts of expectations/possibilities for two friends to meet up and hit it off... but i think phil left without knowing geoff's name.

mountain biked with phil fez and blinn:
i'm hooked and can't wait to go back... i don't care how much it ruins my body.

hung out all day today with riley, trey, and jen:
today was beautiful... we walked to old bag of nails where jen bought us lunch, we ate ice cream, we hung out at the coffee shop, and we chilled at the park. riley was stupid silly all day... good times. best of all, we were present to one another the entire time (exept for trey, he dozes off at times)

autum vespers @ 64 king:
spent time in silence, reflected on the life of st. francis of assisi, enjoyed a beautiful autum eve in the gardens, and shared conversation over tea.



4 comments:

Douglas said...

It sounds like life is getting back to normal for you now. I glad things seem to be going pretty well and you have a good perspective on it all. Perhaps some of that perspective will rub off on your new manager. After all, being that fixated on Starbucks can only mean she needs a bigger view.

Anonymous said...

panzara's???
corona's???
beard's???
what do i have to do to be a part of your life!

looking forward to this weekend.

peace

Stetlers said...

I don't know how I feel about you guys getting Panzera'a without me...
I don't know how I feel about Doug not staying until I got home...
I don't know how I feel about my husband not including me on the wonderful people list and not blogging about our reunion on Sunday after my trip to Pittsburgh...

Stetlers said...

i don't know how i feel about blogs

Blog Archive