11.24.2004

interesting show today -- fresh air NPR

His new book is In Search of Paul: How Jesus' Apostle Opposed Rome's Empire with God's Kingdom. Crossan looks at the life of Paul, and describes how the most important Christian value is justice. Crossan is professor emeritus of De Paul University, and is considered by some to be the foremost scholar of historical Jesus. His The Historical Jesus is an alternative and fact-based look at the life of Christ.
__________________________________
currently playing:: so many dynamos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get my Bible Scholars confused all the time, but isn't that the guy from the Jesus Seminar? I struggle with how I handle people like Crossan cause I consider them to be... I guess heretic would be my best label. But i struggle with labels under the law of love and I know you must read those who you disagree with so you know your own arument better (which is dangerous, even if necessary). I don't know what to think or say, I guess I dislike the Jesus Seminar so much that I have to say something when I hear somebody talk about one of them. But yet again I'm not sure I said much of anything. If you want to read a good work on the Biblical view of Justice read Volf's "exclusion and embrace." Wordy and deep, but right on. I would love to talk to you more about him sometime.
kevin p.

Blog Archive