11.03.2005

"If you want to change government, you have to aim at changing corporations, and if you want to change corporations, you first have to change the consumers. Whoa, wait a minute! The consumer? That's me. You mean I'm the one who has to change?
The original definition of consumer is "one who destroys or expends by use; devours, spends wastefully." It would take seven Earths to provide enough raw materials to allow the rest of the world to consume at the same rate Americans do. Ninety percent of what we buy in a mall ends up in the dump within 60 to 90 days."

- Yvon Chouniard, founder and owner of Patagonia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for humans we will not change until it is too late for “us”. We don’t like to acknowledge that there may be a problem and that we are the cause; the worst part is that I too am guilty of ALL OF THIS. It isn’t that I do not try, but let’s be honest; I am not even close to what it takes to truly make a change. I do however, take comfort in knowing that long after we are dead and the earth has suffered our wrath it will restore itself and come back to its glory without man to waste it away.

Blog Archive