The farm is changing as new fall greens, turnips, sweet potatoes, squash, and spinach move up through the soil. Weeds are down. Plenty of garlic orders to fill. I was able to take the boys out with me this past weekend. I helped them feed chickens, collect eggs, feed the turkeys and the cows... I hope they remember what they experienced.
The work ahead is overwhelming... cleaning out the tomato greenhouse, mulching, and planting for the winter, cleaning turkeys for thanksgiving, planting the garlic fields and other fields with cover crops...
I will try to remember my camera and post some pictures of Just This Farm
9.30.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, do you know anything about the Agribusiness...Cargill?
I'm wondering if they're part of the problem or solution so to speak. Their website seems to indicate some good practices/principles...but often that's just a marketing facade.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/politics/cargill072505.cfm
Post a Comment