10.21.2007

For some time now, Kerri and I have been eager to bring our friends under one roof and hear from some people we respect, admire, know, wish we knew, etc. We are wanting space in our lives to learn from some people who have "gone before".

So we invite you to our home at 197 Dakota for coffee and conversation.

Art Gish is scheduled for a house visit this Thursday, Oct 25th, from 7:30-9pm. Art and his wife Peggy have been active in peace and social Justice work for over 40 years, having participated in the Civil Rights Movement and the Anti-Vietnam protests. He has been part of Christian Peacemaker Teams in Hebron since 1995 and currently Iraq.

Art is a graduate of Manchester College and Bethany Theological Seminary.
He is the author of
The New Left and Christian Radicalism (Eerdmans, 1970),
Beyond the Rat Race (Herald Press. 1972),
Living in Christian Community (Herald Press, 1979), and
Hebron Journal: Stories of Nonviolent Peacemaking (Herald Press, 2001).

Gish is a member of New Covenant Fellowship, a Christian communal farm near Athens, Ohio.

Greg Rosser (sorry no picture of Greg... besides, he doesn't do tanks...) is scheduled for a house visit on Monday, November 12th, from 7:30-9pm. Greg is a mentor of mine. I would not be where I am today (wherever that is) without his influence. Although Greg is a student of Spiritual Formation, I consider him to be a teacher. So come and meet my friend Greg next month.

No comments:

Blog Archive