9.19.2002

My conversations with lost people lately have lacked confrontation. It's a simple balance between two polarities really that Henri Nouwen clearly articulates in his book "Reaching Out"
Acceptance and Hospitality without confrontation is rather pointless. I am feeling a bit like the one-world viewed liberal who seeks only to engage relationship for the common good of both parties.
I guess it's because my who life I have seen evangelism in the context of confrontation only. the post-modern context of evangelism is different, however. I cannot expect the mass harvest our friend @ campus crusade did in the past decades with a publication like the "four spiritual laws"
I live in a different world. A relationship must be built. Space must be made in my heart for these individuals. Evangelism is no longer a spiritual "quickie" with a stranger. Sounds like a fantasy to me. It's gonna take hard work and lots of time to see peoples spirits open up the the liberating Jesus.

i must find the balance between hospitality and confrontation. Lord show me.

No comments:

Blog Archive