Jesus answered them, "Very truly, I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves."
I'm so guilty when I read this verse...
I'm guilty of letting Christ drift to the edges of my conscousness only to become conveiniently aware when I'm hungry for something he can offer...
I'm guilty of following Christ only for what I might gain...
I'm guilty of making Christ one more spoke on a wheel of divided loyalties...
I'm guilty of {my life + Jesus = my better life}
yet it should look more like [-=+}>gain only through loss
Christ paints a picture of the unseen Kingdom of God yet the people still need a sign...
If Christ is something that happened to me, then my conversion was a historical isolated visible event...
but Christ replies to the people with a very present statement::
I AM
he who comes... he who believes...
my conversion {or shall I say my LIFE} then is very much something that happens to me.
yet we always preferr the "altar lined, 'i can see it' 'sinner's prayer' type conversion...
everybody can see and know about the one time event/ crisis moment in other's lives and our own...
but we aren't so eager to jump into Christ's invitation to conversion now, conversion today, repentance again, and again, and again.
Guide us Lord into this present reality of the Kingdom of God where we are continually realigned and constantly regenerated into your likeness at the table. We recieve your invitation to feast on the riseness of Christ Jesus
7.30.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(138)
-
▼
July
(20)
- Jesus answered them, "Very truly, I tell you, you ...
- ::WEEK 18:: skin is vulnerable to finger nails. as...
- good thoughts
- strikingly similar to what took place in our livin...
- spent a wonderful morning on the beach with my fam...
- recently our house guest of two weeks went back to...
- nice:: back to back evenings with friends... celeb...
- ::.WEEK 17.:: 11 ounces, 9 in. long. fetus can no...
- wow... just woke up from some deeep rem type sleep...
- audblog audio post
- looking forward to a beautiful day with my family ...
- week 16:: mild teeth buds appear. 1st transparent...
- Recently I have been reading up on the saint of th...
- week 15:: 6 1/2 inches long and 5 ounces:: hair be...
- our midweek gathering had a unique flavor... sched...
- continue to pray for the palmer's
- some excellent thoughts by coach t.hunter
- while cycling yesterday taking in the beauty of na...
- we had an excellent time tues. night with our frie...
- watched brother sun sister moon again yesterday......
-
▼
July
(20)
No comments:
Post a Comment