9.21.2004

underground seminary

good discussion/lecture at underground seminary last night. it was a real challenge to discover discipleship anew... a radical discipleship strait from rom.12. found this in my reading this morning that echoed what we learned and questioned last night:

The first Christians expected people to be freed from suffering, to be liberated from injustice, war, and bloodshed – in short, from the “normal” social order of things. They expected the transformation of all things political and economic, and gave their lives in service to that goal.… This ought to chal­lenge our consciences. We who call ourselves Christians today have done so little in this regard that we must ask, Are we really Christians at all?

Eberhard Arnold

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange...
I have been reading Rom. 12 as well. I am trying to figure out how participitory I need to be as a "secular citizen."
redcay

Blog Archive