11.18.2005

I can remember when Riley was about Trey's age and we would go somewhere just to hangout. It was always such a "big deal." I would come close to killing us both in an accident because I would spend most my time looking in the rear-view mirror, turning around to tickle him, or just about wreck my bike trying to talk to him in the bike carrier. This morning, Trey and I had some hang time and it WAS a big deal. I always thought that this overwhelming sense of gratitude toward my children would wear off the more we had... but no, it doesn't. Now, big deal #3 is on the way and I am convinced that my love and enthusiasm for him/er will be no less.

This weekend I am leaving for Cincinnati with big deal Palmer. He is a big deal... in my life and the life of so many others. What can I say to those of you who don't have the privilege know him personally? He is kind... he is an excellent teacher... and spiritual guide. Mark will take you by the hand and go anywhere with you... asking all the right questions. He is patient... in hope, suffering, love, and service. He is big. Palmer's long arms reach around this community called Landing Place and make each one of us feel like his best friend. Mark has cancer. It is a big deal... so pray for his complete healing.

2 comments:

Chris said...

that looks pretty sweet...it's good in the java too.

Chris said...

Say Hi to my big brother while you're visiting Palmer. I've never met the guy...but I'm often reminded to pray for him because of mutual friends. Perhaps I'll be fortunate enough to meet him soon.

Blog Archive