Just finished up a meeting with my friend Jen. She is a warrior. Fighting against what "life" has left on her plate. We talked about many things, among them... grief. Jen said to me "I'm not sure how to grieve." But as she told me about her days these past weeks, I saw in her the answer... Give of yourself. A huge bomb shell has exploded in our little community. There are casualties, injuries, and there is pain... and Jen has spent most of her time loving the one who was hit the hardest, ...Amy. That is grief in it's truest sense. "Suffering with." I hear people talk about their grief and the thing I hear most is "I"... How they are coping, what is getting them through... Jen is aware of her surroundings and she isn't going to isolate and lick her own wounds. She is prepared to "be" with those who hurt the most. What's awesome is that Jen isn't the only one doing this.
I have felt the pull to retreat, abandon, flee the aftermath of Palmer's death. But I won't.
4.18.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey this is emily bean, we've never met just passed by each other before...
Jen is so amazing, i'm so happy i got the chance to meet her at Palmer's wake, she is so strong!
My prayers to the Landing Place community++++
--elpida--
unity from the future (hope): open hands to love and grace.
I was one of Mark's nurses during his long stay at The James. Mark and Amy were the strongest most selfless couple I have ever met. They were always happy no matter what. I could poke Mark with a huge IV needle, miss the vein, and he would say Thanks. i am a Christian and I am addicted to this site. The inspiring story and the love that you all have for one another is amazing. I am glad that I was in Mark and Amy's lives for a minute. Thanks for taking care of Micah and Amy...you are definately being led by Jesus.
I love the honesty of the last line. I think that pull exists in most of us during times of pain and suffering. Some hide it, some deny it, some permit it to alter their actions and some confess it. Only those who confess it find the power to say "I won't".
Reading the blogs of your community make the gift of one another that God has given you so clear to one on the outside looking in.
May God bestow deep peace to you.
May He surround you with comfort that makes no sense.
May He impress hope upon you hearts and minds.
i really want you to post
Post a Comment