
We have been getting garlic scapes every week from Kevin at "Just this farm." I have sooo many that I need to give some away. come to my house and get yourself some.
Garlic scapes are the green curly shoots that grow out of garlic when it's young, and only hardneck garlic produces garlic scapes. The scapes are sometimes called green garlic or garlic spears, although many sources call the young, underdeveloped garlic bulbs green garlic. If your a real foodie... you will enjoy coming up with ways to use them...
They have a very mild garlic flavor with a "green onion" flavor. They can be used in anything you use onions in. I put them in scrambled eggs, salads, pasta, chop them up with olive oil and use it as a hummus topper. mmmmmm! Grab some from Kevin at the North Market Farmer's Market Sat.
garlic scape recipes
more garlic scape recipes
and even more
Kevin mentioned that garlic scape pesto was the most common American use...but they are a delicacy in Chinese food.
No comments:
Post a Comment