2.06.2007

it's 4:30 am

I got called in to the shelter tonight. It's been a slow night (if you don't count the heart attack and the sudden seizure in the office doorway). I'm hanging with "brother dave" tonight. He's older with arthritis and can't lay down for very long, so He and I have been chillin at the front desk. He has family in dayton, but got hung up in cbus for a stint. He is a rather impressive man with great knowledge ranging from help with my math homework to community development. We were discussing our move to franklinton and he gave me this piece of advice:

"Eric, a neighborhood is only as bad as the people in it. And if your in it, and you're a light, then the neighborhood just got a little bit brighter."

__________________________________
currently playing::psalters

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the...? When did you become bloggerman? I love it, though, and your posts are varied and full of insight and hope. Your light shines in GH, cyberspace, and soon enough Franklinton.

Konstantin Levin said...

wish you were here.. or.. just together.

Scott said...

Wise words from brother dave! So happy to be shining with you.

Dorine and Francine said...

damn straight you're listening to psalters!

Blog Archive