I wrote this a few years back... a conversation with some friends about taxes/tax resistance brought it to mind. I hope it is still true in my life.
Dear Money,
Some are at ease with you,
others feel guilty about having you as their own,
others... ambivalent.
some dread the thought of life without you claiming that you will make life easier than it might otherwise be.
personally I wish I wasn't taking the time to write you at this moment. You don't seem worth the time, but everything around me tells me you are worth something.
yes, Christ spoke of you often. but he did not address you as I do now. I've been trained to have a relationship with you... He never went there.
Christ spoke of the kingdom of God
Christ's currency was people...
I belong to that kingdom
I don't belong to you and you don't belong to me
I don't like your new twenty's and I don't collect your silver state quarters.
I don't NEED you anymore. My focus in liberation not accumulation.
I don't SEEK you anymore. My focus is the kingdom not wealth and comfort.
I don't TRUST you anymore. As one who is economically regenerated, I don't seek financial freedom, I have freedom from finances.
bank accounts and statement balances no longer wag my convictions.. faith wags my wallet.
call me an idiot, call me foolish and naive... I will no longer white nuckle your false security.
open hands, kingdom vision, jubilee.
eric
4.29.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I like this.
Danielle
We need to talk about this sometime. I don't know how to live like this yet. (or maybe just unwilling). kp
you have no idea how appropriate this is right now dude, given the conversation I just had tonight...thanks for posting it...and thanks for living it...
Dilbone
Very good Eric, very good. Thanks for posting this. Blessings, Jim
http://www.osu.edu/features/2007/honduras/
HMMMM I wrote what you need a computer ago, and will have to dig to see if I have it. Give me a couple days...
Ma B
Post a Comment