6.20.2012

a spades depth

Tasks haunt me these days.  I write them down only to dismiss their reminders.
Each task carries with it the risk that it may be a waste of time.  It may only serve to keep me occupied a bit longer.
Time is going by so fast.  Riley 10 and Trey  8... Evan (5) and Cora (2) are demanding less and less of my time. What fills that void? I have options, more choice and "freedom" with what I choose to consume or create.  Will the former overshadow the latter?  And what is it that I default to? What is it that I may allow to dominate my free time.

I think it comes down to this:
Tasks are in the head space.

Does they keep me emotionally disconnected from people? These tasks,... what do I sacrifice in order to complete them?  I guess these tasks could be any number of tangible premeditated actions - items that could be "checked off" a list.  On the other side of a completed to do list, is anything really different?  It may end up costing me far more money, time, or emotion than it's worth. 

No comments:

Blog Archive