To make the BEST choice. The context of my choices are numerous: parenting, social life, free time, chores, spiritual, personal development, professional development, dietary, physical, financial, marital, to create or consume, to teach or to learn, to work or to rest. At the climax of decision making it becomes clear just how many of the above realities are involved in the process. We hold ourselves to incredibly high standards in each context. Or at least I do. In choosing what is best in one, we sacrifice what is best in four others. One could ask themselves a hundred questions in search of an answer to "what's best" and still be paralyzed. Am i naive enough to believe there actually is a best choice? Oddly enough, I have felt peace with decisions I have made in the past. In light of all that was at stake, I question if I was making certain choices with the "whole" in mind. The task before me is to see my life as it "is" or "is becoming" rather than how it should be and to find to find contentment there. I find the greatest freedom in decision making when I make them from the "center" of my being rather than the circumference of outward demands and expectations. Yet, in light of all of this, I still feel a strong expectation (one placed there by myself) to be able to quickly choose what is best. ... and it makes me tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment