I do have my opinionated days, but then there are other days when I can hardly form one. More the later than the former I suppose. My family and closest friends may disagree. They may not have accurate information on this. At times I can fool myself (and those around me) into thinking I have opinions just because I'm expected to have one. I can enter into serious discourse on why one option is better than the other all while never really holding on to what it is I'm defending. Immediately following the discourse, I walk away empty handed feeling no emotional connection to what I have just preached about. And the truth is: I really don't give a shit. Why do I do this? It seems to take place after someone around me has reacted verbally to a certain stimulus with their opinion. Following this, there is an awkward pause that begs for a "yeah" or a "well, maybe.." and I give in. Maybe people who react verbally to stimuli with opinions don't require a response, but I tend to give one. We are expected to CARE about some things, and I do. Just not about EVERYTHING. I grow weary of opinions. I prefer observations.
Here is an opionion: Opinions are ok, but too often we Re.Act with an opinion rather than Observe and formulate good thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment