1.20.2006

Yesterday the whole family was upstairs playing "hide and seek" in our small little town house. It was one of those moments that Kerri and I knew would be a memory for some time. Today, Riley wanted to recreate that moment. While I was "seeking" for Riley, he gave himself away from under the crib..."Daddy, how did mommy's fat belly fit under here yesterday?"

Home is a good place to be. It is a place where you know you are understood. Coming home from Starbucks Sugar Co. today I felt such a sense of relief. I knew that noone there would be talking behind my back... that everyone there would understand my values... it would be ok if I wanted to be quiet. I knew that noone would ask me for another damn latte. My family (spiritual and blood) is where I rest-recover-recreate-renew. It's good to be home... so now i'll get off the computer.

3 comments:

Debby said...

And I am so glad you are part of our family!!

Anonymous said...

good times last night... ride on brother.

Scott said...

Thanks for being real.
And thanks for spending time with my bro. You are good for him - and that makes things better for me.
Hope to catch up with you on our next trip.
Scott

Blog Archive