1.13.2003

Last night we had our first home group. it went very well. it was good to see ages ranging from 22 to 42. Jesus was there. I think that it stunned some folks but I am confident that they will return. I spent a good portion of our time together trying to paint a picture of what our times together will consist of. i told them that they could still bail if they wanted to after this first week. made some disclaimers and let them know they didn't have to come back if they didn't think they would jive in this sort of environmnet. Jesus was the same way with his 'potential' disciples' in Luke 14:26 ... he said "hey, if you don't hate your own life....your possessions, your status, your relationships, even your family...in comparison to how much you love me... you cannot be my disciples." --so not seeker friendly.

No comments:

Blog Archive