blessed are the poor in spirit
Chambers calls it the bedrock of the Kingdom...
this is Jesus' opening statement of the Sermon on the Mount
calling for an upside down Kingdom...new set of rules
If you want to follow me, you must be poverse in spirit...strong in no way.
If you want to be a sojourner, you have to lay down some crap that you think you need.
the journey of a pilgrim is that of a minimalist. I must ask myself... is what I'm carrying weighing me down?
Does it make me feel strong on my own?
Is this action, possession, trait upside down? Is it backwards in the eyes of the dominant culture?
If the gate is this narrow... how do i pass through with this stuff, with this pride, with this arrogance?
strip me Lord! Prepare me for the journey... I must have my hands free... i must be free...i must be free to simply be.
2.25.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(138)
-
▼
February
(22)
- going to try to stay out of the way this wknd in w...
- a good friend of mine wrote me a beautiful e.mail....
- someone once said that if your 20 and your not a l...
- {riley's thoughts on dealing with the funk) ilk.u;...
- I have been learning a lot about eric these days a...
- had to change comment link b/c haloscan sucks new...
- riley is sick...prayers coveted.
- get to hang out tonight with my friends tonight in...
- sbux is kicking my *#@ I closed last night and ope...
- blessed are the poor in spirit Chambers calls it t...
- one of our friends from our tues. night meetings t...
- looks like the book Heal Thyself: Spirituality, Me...
- last night was good...our friends showed up and pr...
- a good friend of mine once wrote:: I don't think c...
- every night this week is filled with ministry. It...
- still reading through the politics of Jesus ther...
- very good news:: tracey (satanic friend) and i ope...
- this article was sent to me at just the right time...
- I am sitting next to ryan hofacre at the library.....
- Wow ... good review on the book that my sis Rachel...
- picked up Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship today....
- More Reality... Saturday::James came to visit - w...
-
▼
February
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment