a good friend of mine wrote me a beautiful e.mail... she writes::
Right now the only thing I am interested in is seeking His face. His presence is where I belong. I'm not satisfied with what I used to be satisfied with. Man made organized Christianity is no longer a part of my Christian life. It never will be again. I am ruined for the presence of God. Nothing else will do. ( You may think that sounds idealistic or maybe even judgmental.) How can I ignore the drawing of the Holy Spirit into a different place with Jesus. Especially for the acceptable, people pleasing, traditional way of living the Christian life. We would be denying the Holy Spirit access. Without the Holy Spirit, my life is not worth spit! Why would I not follow Him?
The vale has been ripped into. I have not been denied access to Him. Why would I deny Him access. I need to let Him have his way with me. I'm abandoned to Captain of the mighty host of heaven (words to an old song). It's a process isn't it?
I'm not talking about forsaking the gathering of the saints. We gather with saints. We have fellowship. But! Things are not the same. I hope I am making sense.
these thoughts are safe with me... they ring true in my ears and make plenty of sense...
on the gathering of the saint's... who are the saint's. my thinking is that these are those who are citizens of a new order.. a new Kingdom...these people are Christians before they are Americans...Disciples of Christ before Nazarene or Baptist or whatever.
I also want to gather for true biblical fellowship with these people... those who are chosing the path of greatest resistance not the least...those who live upside down and backward and we all like it that way... those who are peculiar to the world around them because they are somewhat altogether different and alternative.
friends thought :: "How can I ignore the drawing of the Holy Spirit into a different place with Jesus." different is needed.
The filling of the Holy Spirit through the continual repentance of the
disciple is what leads us to this inner restlessness. "why would I not follow Him?"
2.27.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(138)
-
▼
February
(22)
- going to try to stay out of the way this wknd in w...
- a good friend of mine wrote me a beautiful e.mail....
- someone once said that if your 20 and your not a l...
- {riley's thoughts on dealing with the funk) ilk.u;...
- I have been learning a lot about eric these days a...
- had to change comment link b/c haloscan sucks new...
- riley is sick...prayers coveted.
- get to hang out tonight with my friends tonight in...
- sbux is kicking my *#@ I closed last night and ope...
- blessed are the poor in spirit Chambers calls it t...
- one of our friends from our tues. night meetings t...
- looks like the book Heal Thyself: Spirituality, Me...
- last night was good...our friends showed up and pr...
- a good friend of mine once wrote:: I don't think c...
- every night this week is filled with ministry. It...
- still reading through the politics of Jesus ther...
- very good news:: tracey (satanic friend) and i ope...
- this article was sent to me at just the right time...
- I am sitting next to ryan hofacre at the library.....
- Wow ... good review on the book that my sis Rachel...
- picked up Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship today....
- More Reality... Saturday::James came to visit - w...
-
▼
February
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment