still reading through the politics of Jesus
there is so much new light in this little gem.
running into plenty of theologicall assumptions that I carried as a result of not thinking for myself.
am i a republican...democrat...conservative...liberal...am i all of these things .... am i any of these things?
not to make yet another ass - umption out of myself, but maybe as a follower of Christ and as his "apprentice," I am a citizen of a new order. totally other from the worlds dominant perceptions.
There is no news channel that I can identify with...I'm not a CNNer or a FOX news dude...
I cannot align myself and my socioeconomic viewpoint solely with the views of O'Riley or Rush or Hannity and Colms or Jerry Falwell... I hear people in the church talk this way. my worldviews should come from the life Christ lived...
"so eric, what do you think of our christian president and his action plan?"
i don't know for sure where he's at with everything that's going on but let's sit down together... i think my viewpoint is going to have to come from somewhere in the Sermon on the Mount...
2.15.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(138)
-
▼
February
(22)
- going to try to stay out of the way this wknd in w...
- a good friend of mine wrote me a beautiful e.mail....
- someone once said that if your 20 and your not a l...
- {riley's thoughts on dealing with the funk) ilk.u;...
- I have been learning a lot about eric these days a...
- had to change comment link b/c haloscan sucks new...
- riley is sick...prayers coveted.
- get to hang out tonight with my friends tonight in...
- sbux is kicking my *#@ I closed last night and ope...
- blessed are the poor in spirit Chambers calls it t...
- one of our friends from our tues. night meetings t...
- looks like the book Heal Thyself: Spirituality, Me...
- last night was good...our friends showed up and pr...
- a good friend of mine once wrote:: I don't think c...
- every night this week is filled with ministry. It...
- still reading through the politics of Jesus ther...
- very good news:: tracey (satanic friend) and i ope...
- this article was sent to me at just the right time...
- I am sitting next to ryan hofacre at the library.....
- Wow ... good review on the book that my sis Rachel...
- picked up Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship today....
- More Reality... Saturday::James came to visit - w...
-
▼
February
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment