back blogging
Much has happened in my life this past week and 1/2. The first half of last week was filled with a church planter's conference where I learned much more about myself than church planting. My old friend Sam Barber was there. Sam is a man of the Word, the Word made flesh, the Word in us and through us... Christ is in and through Sam. Sam has touch the spiritual life of my entire family. Both my brother and I were deeply impacted by his faithfulness. I thought alot about that as we sat together and had many laughs. It made it worth being there. Relationships are what matter ... not graphs and timelines.
The second half of my week was spent traveling... my grandparents made space for Kerri, Riley and I. There at Chautauqua, where I spent most of my summers growing up, I remembered.
remembered family, fishing, sailing, skiing, tubing, swiming, playing. I miss that in my life and wonder why life seems to be taking each and everyone of us by storm to the point where we don't have time. We make choices...but sometimes I wonder if we don't have a choice.
9.01.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(138)
-
▼
September
(15)
- merton on success
- gone for a few
- sunshine
- from "With Open Hands" by Henri J.M. Nouwen And ...
- I'm glad I decided not to take myself too seriousl...
- haircuts suck
- funny stuff by my friend in bg.
- last nights gathering went very well:: good word -...
- My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling...
- met with palmer this morning. i really respect pa...
- saw my satanic friend today... usually we run into...
- brennan manning at mvnu oct.8-9. find me there fr...
- this is fun. Alan Creech lists "Points of Revoluti...
- seems as though we may be able to see a second mid...
- back blogging Much has happened in my life this p...
-
▼
September
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment