saw my satanic friend today...
usually we run into eachother at work.
it's usually akward.
light vs. dark, etc.
today it happened in barnes&nobels::the christianity section.
yes, I do find myself overthere from time to time...
but I never thought I would see my satanic friend there. i was actually in the autobiography/gay&lesbian section ease-dropping on a gay couple sheepishly looking for material to help them find a deeper sense of identity in their sexual orientation. my satanic friend caught a glimpse of me and tried to pull off the "i didn't really see you standing there" and quickly walk away... but I caught up to her. she even ignored me when i addressed her at first
e: friend
t: what are you doing here?
e: it's my day off ... are you on break?
t: yea
e: what's that book
t: "you are what you think" - i know some of it's contents are from the bible but it's true
e: I've never heard of that passage
t: how do you get away with that being a pastor and all
e: you probably won't find many of us pastor types that are willing to say they haven't got it all figured out.
we finished it off with a short dialogue about how hard it was for her to come over to "this" section and pick the book up when "this" section doesn't represent who she is or what she believes in - and how bold it was for the gay couple to "come out" by viewing homosexual lituature together in public.
then she had to go back to work.
it was interesting to see my satanic friend in the marketplace. to see her seeking and to have the opportunity to talk to her about it was definatly a highlight of my day.
pray for my friend....
9.11.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2003
(138)
-
▼
September
(15)
- merton on success
- gone for a few
- sunshine
- from "With Open Hands" by Henri J.M. Nouwen And ...
- I'm glad I decided not to take myself too seriousl...
- haircuts suck
- funny stuff by my friend in bg.
- last nights gathering went very well:: good word -...
- My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling...
- met with palmer this morning. i really respect pa...
- saw my satanic friend today... usually we run into...
- brennan manning at mvnu oct.8-9. find me there fr...
- this is fun. Alan Creech lists "Points of Revoluti...
- seems as though we may be able to see a second mid...
- back blogging Much has happened in my life this p...
-
▼
September
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment