it is quite amazing how much of my week can be eaten up by a 20hr/wk job (lately more like 30). yesterday, as I was making a mess with 15 frappachinos, my friend looked at me and asked - "why do work here again?" as if to say I didn't have to stay there ... she understands that I'm not dependant on that as the center of my life, but as simply a part time job. others who take themselves and their pt job too seriously have a death grip on their employment... it's all they have left. i do enjoy working there. i have fun and have developed relationships with so many people.
with the next shift staring me in the face, it seems as though i give to much to sbux. but it's only when i step back and get perspective on my life that I see a full life balanced with family, friends, play, nature, recreation, learning, and work. it's all kingdom stuff. everything belongs. my friend palmer recently wrote about kingdom vision... with this vision everything is a gift and I live in reality even when circumstances aren't "ideal".
10.20.2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment