10.02.2003

update

some know - some don't that I had a doctor's appointment this past week. It was a meeting with Dr. J, a denominational higher-up. A friend of mine set the appointment the plan was that eric would share the story of his journey up to this point and where he is called. I shared with dr.j that my wife and I have a passion and life calling to start urban missional communities. I hashed out our core values for where we are headed::

>urban neighborhood commitment
>simplicity
>the gospel
>discipleship
>community
>multiplication.

I shared with him what happens in our present community gatherings and that to us it was church. I tried to stay way focused on what we were for and not on what we are against.
I didn't expect him to hear me at all. but he did. he asked forward thinking, missional questions... and saw a glimpse of what we know as the emerging church.
he asked me to present what I shared to another group of higher-ups who hold the keys to the bank. dr. mentioned that this group of men have spent too much money on high-dollar missional endeavors and are ready to look towards something new.
pray for me. I don't know what to say and mostly just want to stay true to our vision.

No comments:

Blog Archive