10.04.2002

1Tim.6:8- "But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that"

i am daily faced with the decision to choose contentment.
downward mobility is so countercultural that I must continually pull myself back into the light of Christ.

Paul charges Timothy to "fight the good fight of the faith"

This doesn't sound easy or comfortable.

I recieved a couple of offers to lead worship this week and i don't know why. Should i spiritualize everything? "is this from God or satan?" "what is God trying to teach me?"

the latter is a valid Q: with a loose grip and a heart of gratitude, seek the forming work that lies beneath the situation.
one offer is from Scott Chevelier - serious lead pastor with a liquid gospel to the seeker culture of Nashville TN.
maybe it was for joel.

got an email from mike p that sums it up for me in the last couple of days. his devotional for today read::::Stand Still and See His Deliverance
I appreciate reminders that the enemy can't take anything I won't let him have.
"Oh, look how everyone your age is making much more money than you," fear whispers. "They'll be retired, and you'll be working a McDonalds!" "Have you noticed how the house is falling apart? How's it ever going to get fixed?"
"Have you noticed that compared to other people, you're not that smart?"
Next thing you know I'm questioning our decision to give up our well-paying jobs to move here, noticing every crack and peel on the walls, and feeling inferior to everyone else. If I'm really off guard, I start running around, saying my fears out loud as if I really believed them. GOTCHA!
But then I remember that I don't need to run. God has given me a full suit of armor. I'm supposed to stand firm and fight the good fight of faith.
When Paul encouraged Timothy to "fight the good fight of faith," Paul was under attack and perhaps under arrest by the Roman authorities. Yet the embattled apostle wasn't fearfully questioning the decisions that left him opposing a pagan empire. Paul wasn't defeated! Instead he was encouraging a young pastor to stay focused on the life, eternal life, to which he was called.
Lord, help me to focus on Your calling to me so I can face my fears, stand still, and watch Your deliverance!

Can't wait to see what He has planned for all of us!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive