10.23.2002

Having some good conversations with Julie G.
She is asking me the hard questions about what I'm doing with my life. She is currently a bi-vocational minister. She claims that here loyaties are divided, and she longs to be in the full time ministry. She wonders how I am going to be able to have anything left to give to ministry after my job and family. I wonder this myself. I probably won't be able to give that much to the ministry at first. Should I seek support from others? I see this work with my friends in the para-church ministry. My response to her is that I have many friends who are "full-time" in ministry and their families are suffering b/c of 80 hr. work weeks and they are not doing God things but the things that those who pay them expect out of them. Could the "full-time" ministry be glorified and glamorized? Definately the latter. At first in my journey i had thought that i would have to get out of church work to get back into the ministry. but i don't think that is the answer... i think the bi-voc situation is a good alternative to that extreme. I may find myself disoriented with this idea in the future, but as for now it's what I percieve to be God's will...it seems to be the right thing. and i'm ok with that ambiguity...i think.

No comments:

Blog Archive