today i attended a job fair here in c-town.
it became very clear to me as i stood there with thousands of other applicants that opportunity had always been quite cheap for me. I have been spoon fed opportunity my whole life. I have never done a job search before. I have a family, a house, a job, a college degree, and 3yrs experience in Christian ministry, yet never felt as if i had to pay any price to get it all.
...hard day...
???what's the deal with feeling naked at that fair???
::today i truly am a pilgrim of sorts...a sojourner... an alien... a stranger.
>>it's almost as if i told God that I wanted to experience the 'realworld' and He's layin it on thick
Sweet writes of being an "out-of-control disciple" called to sharpen the cutting edge of obedience.
John Wesley writes of being crazy for God::
"I am no longer my own, but Yours.
Put me to what you will, rank me with whoever You will.
Put me to doing...put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for You, or laid aside for You.
Exalted for You , or brought low for you.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing!
And now, O Father, You are mine and I am Yours.
So be it.
And the covenant I am making on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen
10.16.2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2002
(75)
-
▼
October
(19)
- hanging out at Grounds for Thought waiting for Joe...
- Accepted an offer on our house today! another conf...
- The evangelical question the church has been probi...
- great interview by a great mag about a great autho...
- Nov. 17th is Church signs are stupid day. spread ...
- More from Catalyst: >still working through what Er...
- wOw! mind blowing material today. my brian is cra...
- Having some good conversations with Julie G. She i...
- We leave this morning for Catylist in Atlanta. Ca...
- I am the Lord, that is my name! I am beginning to ...
- Met with Greg Rosser today. that guy always buys ...
- more on duty and serventhood::LK 17:10 reading edd...
- on duty The dutiful servant. to many times in my j...
- today i attended a job fair here in c-town. it bec...
- on being...simple this morning was so ordinary. ...
- Lord, deliver me from the small loyalties of habit...
- 1Tim.6:8- "But if we have food and clothing, we wi...
- experienced one of those supercharged days with su...
- i got stereotyped today... i was going to sambi's ...
-
▼
October
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment