I am the Lord, that is my name!
I am beginning to realize that most of life has nothing to do with me. I am not. I am small.
Stepping out of the comfort of privelage and opportunity has brought me to new levels of awareness. The narrow road is a road of consciousness. I am becomming more aware of the people around me. I never realized how much my christian culture had brainwashed me to think of myself as better than others. I am not! I respect the hardworking, I have compassion for those with no opportunities. I am almost angry that up to this point in my life, I have not had to be humbled in way that would wake me from my ignorance. Chuck Flick and I just finished breakfast together. I love that guy. Trully a man of God. He gave me a flask that has one single grain of sand in it. He made it himself to signify how God still sees Chuck Flick as his beloved in spite of his insignificance. I will keep this gift as a reminder of my condition. In moments of insanity, I think highly of myself. I puff my things up and work to glorify myself. Sounds rather sick when writing it out ... but it's true. But when reality slaps me in the face and wakes me from my slumber, I realize how foolish I have been and how long i've lived there. I am not...but I know "I AM"
10.22.2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2002
(75)
-
▼
October
(19)
- hanging out at Grounds for Thought waiting for Joe...
- Accepted an offer on our house today! another conf...
- The evangelical question the church has been probi...
- great interview by a great mag about a great autho...
- Nov. 17th is Church signs are stupid day. spread ...
- More from Catalyst: >still working through what Er...
- wOw! mind blowing material today. my brian is cra...
- Having some good conversations with Julie G. She i...
- We leave this morning for Catylist in Atlanta. Ca...
- I am the Lord, that is my name! I am beginning to ...
- Met with Greg Rosser today. that guy always buys ...
- more on duty and serventhood::LK 17:10 reading edd...
- on duty The dutiful servant. to many times in my j...
- today i attended a job fair here in c-town. it bec...
- on being...simple this morning was so ordinary. ...
- Lord, deliver me from the small loyalties of habit...
- 1Tim.6:8- "But if we have food and clothing, we wi...
- experienced one of those supercharged days with su...
- i got stereotyped today... i was going to sambi's ...
-
▼
October
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment