11.13.2002

A Heart of Gratitude
Scott and I were talking this morning about leaving a church. In the last days, it is easy to look at what is wrong with the community. To focus on it. To let it consume you. The enemy is prone to sneak in and create disharmony and confusion. We misunderstand eachother's actions and brief comments more easily. We are easily hurt. Without a heart of gratitude, I easily slip into this trap. I don't deserve anything. I have not earned any 'rights'. Nouwen writes: When gratitude is the source of our actions, our giving becomes recieving, and those to whom we minister become our ministers because in the center of our cares for others we sense a caring presence, and in the midst of our efforts we sense an encouraging support.
The people here in BG have a very mature view of the Body of Christ. They have given me the laptop I am working on right now and also health insurance through the month of February!!! WoW. Acts 28:10 - Paul ministering on the shores of Malita and then leaving for Rome wrote they honored us in many ways and when we were ready to sail, they furnished us with the supplies we needed.

No comments:

Blog Archive