Pulled out some old music today. funny how quickly i jump from style to style. I like variety. Buddy Greene is singing in my player about being a sojourner. about not belonging. very timely for today I have a firm sense of belonging with the Kingdom of God. A present reality. The Kingdom of God is not a noun. It is something that happens to me every day. I have a real sense that I am 'in process' and have not 'arrived' yet. When I choose to step into the Kingdom of God (an ethos of timelessness and eternity) ... i am more content with life, willing to say 'i'm not sure,' or 'I'm right were I need to be right now'
people can question "I long to leave my work place and enter into full time minstry and you are giving that up for what again?" i guess the life that i am leading is shaking their norms up a bit. I run into this one the most: full time ministry - isn't that the height of spiritual calling? I'm gonna give that one a big "i'm not so sure" - a small fraction of what I do every day is 'Kingdom Stuff' The rest is what i do to make money. I don't see why we can simply attach holiness or piety to anything done within the realm of clergy-hood. I'm not claiming that the role of clergy is nill, however, I not so sure it's all we've made it out to be. One thing I do know.. If your vocation is not missional, it's not "Christian" - and a full time pastor must make serious deliberate action to keep his personal calling missional.
i'm rambling and I'd rather not blog on for so long.
11.11.2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2002
(75)
-
▼
November
(21)
- riley is now on the road to recovery. they were t...
- riley is sick::sick::sick! puked all night and wen...
- i've been to my friend Chris's blog and his post ...
- Moving day was a success help arived in BG and thi...
- can't sleep so I have been digging into my new pre...
- Both Kerri and I are sick and we move in two days....
- we got dumped on last night with about 4 in. of th...
- Things are moving fast. Spent the last couple of ...
- More training today. tomorrow i go to Bexley for c...
- first day at Starbucks. I didn't expect it to be s...
- wow! this thing pegged me. "It is the chiefest p...
- A Heart of Gratitude Scott and I were talking this...
- Found out how to add a link at the end of each pos...
- fresh page, new day, all out of thoughts, ideas an...
- if anyone reading this wants to buy me this book f...
- Pulled out some old music today. funny how quickly...
- blogging here at the library in Gahanna. I might ...
- Had initial meetings with Starbucks this morning. ...
- my blogger code: B3 d- t- k+ s-- u-- f i+ o+ x-- e...
- Monday is going to be a big day. Kerri, Riley, an...
- been a while... woke up with a sore throat this mo...
-
▼
November
(21)
No comments:
Post a Comment