8.14.2003

Back from the Worship Service for Jennifer. Wow. What an incredible woman of God! As the service began and loved ones began to tell of the depth of Jennifer, I began to feel the Holy Spirit working in my heart re: my own selfishness. Just this morning, I found myself getting short with my healthy, living, loving, wonderful, selfless wife and all while I was getting ready to attend the memorial of one most hospitable. She made space - it was her calling with Mark. I must make space. Free space not only in our home for friends, but also in my heart for those closest to me.
+++Fogive me Lord for the times when my own wants, desires, and comfort rule me and take Your place in my heart. You are my free space... You are my freedom. You are freedom from self and when I experience you in this way it is the sweetest rest I know.+++

No comments:

Blog Archive